The Little River
We are now open to RV's! Tent Campers welcome May 14th!Note!!! Directional Address Change: 7261 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway for your GPS!
Little River Campground is across the Little River and behind Tuckaleechee Cabins, near Townsend Tennessee. This campground has very mature trees and is quite peaceful. There are both 50 and 30 amp services to our premium sites. Some of these sites back up to the Little River for your viewing enjoyment. Of course fishing abounds on the Little River, trout being the number one catch.
Little River Campground, formerly Tuckaleechee Campground, is constantly improving. In early 2016 the Fillmore family purchased the campground, updated the 50 amp electric sites, added direct tv and wifi, updated the existing bath house and bathrooms and added the property across the way with a swimming pool and glamping cabins. We are strictly a short term rental campground, servicing tourist and the locals who want to be even closer to the Smokies occasionally. We are located on The Peaceful Side of the Smokys, the side that is known for relaxation, hiking, horseback riding, fishing and photography. We also have a golf course in our little town! Our goal is for our campers to have a great experience while experiencing our Smokies!
Little River Campground is located directly off 321 on your way to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the Cades Cove Entrance. We are 30 minutes to Dollywood and Pigeon Forge, 30 minutes to Gatlinburg and 35 minutes to the University of Tennessee Ball games.
Camping or Glamping, We Have You Covered
- Selection of sites with fire pit, water, and electric
- Selection of primitive tent sites with fire pit and access to bathhouse
- Max of 2 small tents or one large one
- One car per site, $5 to park other
RV & Camper Sites
- Selection of premium sites with Full Hook-ups (30 & 50amp electric & water)
- Limited number of sites with pull-through access
- Selection of sites with water and electric
- Limit of one rv on site and 6 adults
- Two bedrooms, central heat & air
- Limit 2 pets per cabin with deposit
- Limit of 5 people staying in cabin
- No Smoking inside cabins
- Shower, efficiency kitchen, grill
- Living room, porch on the river
- Use of campground amenities
- Minimum Rental 2 nights
Choose Your Adventure
Tubing now available!
Townsend’s Bike Trail allows you to enjoy your bicycle safely away from traffic Also, for those more
Adventuresome, Cades Cove is closed to car traffic Wednesdays and Saturday mornings for cycling!
Although tubing is a lot of fun, the river is not a swimming pool.
No diving head first,
Children under 12 must wear life jackets.
Small children (7 and under should first ride with an adult or be tethered to an adult tuber).
In addition to this posted Agritourism warning, please note that all guests must stop by the office first so we can go over the current guidelines.